Visually Design’s community is a global expanding community of people passionate about design trending topics. As the community is constantly growing, keep in mind that specific user activity may be governed as much by the spirit of these guidelines as any specific rule. Content, users, or anything deemed clearly unrelated or purely spam may be deleted.
The main general guidelines are:
- Be respectful and act professionally
- Critiques happen, but don’t insult anyone
- Disagreements happen, but don’t take things personally
- Show your support for a story or comment with an upvote
- Make your comments thoughtful
Speaking of content, it is prohibited, and subject to moderation anything that is:
- Spam (defined as such per moderators discretion)
- Harassment, or unfair treatment of any sort
- Racist, sexist, or discriminate
- Pornographic, mature in nature, or overly obscene
- Inflammatory, offensive or demeaning material that is NSFW
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Content deliberately attempting to start a flame war
- Posting a URL as part of your name or business title
- Using a URL shortener to hide destination URL
- Using inflammatory, misleading, or click-bait headlines on otherwise acceptable content
If a post, comment, or user violates the letter or spirit of these guidelines, the following may occur:
Users may be contacted directly within the comment or via email, warned of their violation, and reminded to behave like respectful adults. Multiple warnings are subject to further moderator action as noted below.
Any type of content that doesn’t respect the community guidelines it will not appear on the front page notwithstanding the number of “upvotes” garnered.
Content may be removed due to unacceptable content or inappropriate activity. For the same reasons accounts may be banned. Banned accounts may be reinstated on a case by case basis per moderator discretion.
An account may be deleted entirely if it is clearly a spam account or is involved in significant violations of community guidelines. Multiple accounts and dummy accounts may also be deleted.
New accounts will gain full permissions within one week. To keep the quality of content and discussions high, members are expected to register under their real names (fake names are assumed to be fake accounts, and are subject to moderation).
As Visually Design grows and guidelines evolve over time, existing members may be subject to random, manual verification to ensure accounts are still active and authentic. Anonymous accounts will be banned and in some cases deleted.
To report spam or other offensive or inappropriate content, please use the reporting tools or email us directly at [email protected]